Iggy Pop in 'P-word' race row
- Iggy Pop »
Uh oh! Iggy's gone and said a naughty word.
Interviewed as part of the BBC's Glastonbury coverage, Pop was coming towards the end of a rambling anecdote about Camden town when he chose to employ the phrase "Paki shop".
Not too tactful there, Osterberg.
The comment, which was broadcast live on Saturday (23 Jun), drew the fairly meagre tally of three complaints. His comment, though, brought no reproach from programme hosts Jo Whiley and Mark Radcliffe at the time.
The BBC have since apologised, saying: "We would like to apologise if anyone was offended."
DiScuss: What's the most offensive word you can think of?
DiScuss #2: Racism? Boo, obviously. But do any of you lot think there's sincere racist sentiment behind the comment?
Meanwhile, here's Iggy's good side. Viddy!
- Off Festival 2012 - The DiS Review
- In Photos: Chester Rocks Festival 2011 @ Chester Racecourse
- In Photos: Hop Farm Festival 2011 @ Hop Farm Country Park, Kent
- Iggy Pop and James Williamson - Kill City (remastered)
- Iggy & The Stooges and more for Matt Groening ATP
- Spotifriday #20 Side II: Kraftwerkweek as a playlist
- Iggy Pop - Préliminaires
- Guest Column: Get Your Soul Out For The Ads... Iggy Pop