Radio 1: White Stripes Wednesday on the BBC
- The White Stripes »
Jack and Meg White will take Radio 1 hostage this week, as the station stuffs some 12m ears full of 'White Stripes Wednesday'.
Things will begin, as they always do, with Radio 1's "doyenne of new music" Jo Whiley as she presents an "exclusive stripped down session" from the band in the Live Lounge. The band will chat Icky Thump and life in general before they go on to perform for Edith Bowman and then head over to Maida Vale with Zane Lowe.
The doyenne will round off the day, presenting an In Live Music We Trust White Stripes Special which will send archive recordings and interviews out over the airwaves.
Sound good? No? Then better de-fuse the workplace radio first thing Wednesday morning. Otherwise it'll be one long shift.
- Spotifriday #77 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- The White Stripes announce split
- Spotifriday #54 - This Week On DiS as a playlist
- Watch: Jack White covers The Beatles at The White House
- Laura Marling to release single on Jack White's label
- eMusic reveal their picks of 2010 so far
- Drowned in March 2010: a Spotify playlist
- Spotifriday #38 - This Week on DiS as a playlist