Lily Allen slags off America
- Lily Allen »
**Lily Allen has been spouting off again, this time attacking America for being "backward".
Over in the States for last week's SXSW event, Allen was heard to remark: ""It's all very weird here. They're all backward in Texas but not as much as they are in Arkansas and Wyoming where I'm going soon."
There will be a time, in the not-so-distant future, where my offspring will listen wide-eyed as I regale them with tales of how I spent many an hour relaying Lily's musings to the good people of the internet.
Recognising the limitations of her own Englishness, the pop star continued:
"I can't really speak for the American population - I'm so far away from anything they are and stand for."
Three down, 47 to go. How many American states do YOU think Lily can manage to insult before this year is out? DiScuss.
- This Week's Singles: 05/07/10
- Lily Allen scoops three Ivor Novellos, Bat For Lashes one
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Lady GaGa tops last.fm's yearly chart, but who tops the DiS list?
- 2009 In Photos: DiS Snapper's Favourite Shots of the Year
- In Photos: Lily Allen @ The Academy, Sheffield
- Bestival 2009: The DiS review
- New 'Later...Live' CD compilation on the way featuring Lily Allen, Bon Iver, MGMT + more