Duran Duran work with Timberlake and Timbaland on new LP
1980s pop-rockers Duran Duran have enlisted the assistance of Justin Timberlake and producer Timbaland on their new LP, the follow-up to 2004's Astronaut.
Timberlake has contributed vocals to a track called 'Night Runner', reports Billboard. The song's produced by Timbaland, who has also been twisting knobs on two further efforts, 'Skin Divers' and 'Zooming In'.
Duran Duran's Nick Rhodes has said that the band greatly admire Timberlake, adding "it was quite natural for him and Simon [LeBon] to be working together on vocal arrangement and melodic structure".
Rhodes also said that former bandmate Andy Taylor isn't totally out of mind: "I truly wish him well. You never say never with these things. We may end up playing with Andy another day in the future."
- Hip hopped up: 50 Cent, Blige, Timbaland linked to illegal steroids
- Chart round-up: just one falsetto, give it to me...
- Chart round-up: Robyn Kleers Up! Nash slays Potts!
- Gogol think global: Madge collaboration at Live Earth
- Timbaland to quit? 'I'm bored of your Earth music'
- Rough and tumble, Timbaland style: rapper arrested
- Video for M.I.A's new single, album tracklisting revealed
- California in focus: The KCRW Corner