Gary Numan has Asperger's, he reckons
- Gary Numan »
Gary Numan believes he has Asperger's Syndrome. Isn't that what that fella from The Vines has? Does that mean Gary's been secretly munching his way through a dozen Big Macs a day?
Numan told free 'paper Metro that he thinks he's exhibiting symptoms of the condition, and may have a mild form of it.
He said: “It was suggested I had it when I was younger but no one knew much about it then. I’ve read a lot about it since and I fulfil some of the diagnostic criteria but not others. I probably only have a mild form.”
The singer continued: “It means you’re unable to interact socially in a way that is generally acceptable. For example, if people came over for dinner and I saw a magazine I hadn’t read, I’d pick it up, sit in the corner and read it – which I know is wrong. You also don’t readily understand facial expressions. You don’t communicate in the same way.”
I once saw Gary Numan in a club. It was a hot club, and he was wearing a long coat. Crazy.
- In Photos: Photographer's Favourite Images - 20 from 2012
- Help us compile The Ultimate Electronic Music playlist and you could win a bag of records
- In Photos: Guilfest 2012 @ Stoke Park, Guilford
- In Photos: Gary Numan @ O2 Academy, Sheffield
- In Photos: ATP Nightmare Before Christmas Day Two curated by Battles
- This Week's Singles: 15/08/11 Battles, Darren Hayman, Toro Y Moi, Danger Mouse
- In Photos: Primavera Sound Festival 2010, Barcelona
- Liveblog: Icelandic ash cloud disrupts MORE shows, updates here