Muse's Matt Bellamy: "September 11 is clearly an inside job"
- Muse »
What, exactly, does this have to properly do with all things music? Well, this Matt Bellamy is the very same Matt Bellamy as the Matt Bellamy that sings under the guise of Matt Bellamy in the Matt Bellamy-fronted rock band Muse. But beyond that, nowt. But it is Friday, you know. Not a lot generally happens on Fridays. Apart from Jonathan Ross. I tend to make sure I'm out...
So, anyway: Matt Bellamy - yes, that Matt Bellamy - reckons 9/11 was an "inside job", carried out in order to _"have an excuse to invade the Middle East"_. You probably didn't hear it here first. We didn't - we read CMU.
He said something along the lines of this, here:
_"September 11 is clearly an inside job, there's massive evidence that suggests that it was either allowed to happen or even worse, deliberately made to happen. There was a document called _Project For The New America Century_ which was made by neo-Con writers in the '90s who supplied most of the agenda that Bush is putting into place now, which clearly says, _'We need a Pearl Harbor-level of event so we can have an excuse to invade the Middle East'."
Okaaaaaay. I'm going home to think about that. For two whole days. At least ol' dead Hunter S agrees with him, though: seeee? See you Monday.
- In Photos: Muse @ O2 Arena, London
- The Insider: Doing it for the kids? How Radio One needs to get over its obsession with youth
- Muse - The 2nd Law
- Weekend Listening: Gwilym Gold, Jens Lekman, Erol Alkan, Patrick Wolf + lots more
- News Mixtape: August 2012 ft. Kate Bush, Pussy Riot, Tom Waits, Flying Lotus, Talk Talk, Kanye West
- This Week's (Olympic!) Singles! 23.07.12: Muse, Delphic & Keane
- Leeds Festival - A DiS Summary
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary