In just one hour, the utter pointlessness of it all became an embarrassment.
- A ‘live’ linkup with Elton John, singing ‘Your Song’. Why? It’s not like his ‘best of’ album is new. We want the Pet Shop Boys!
- A stilted presenter who sounded more like a news reader.
- A Robbie Williams competition with three multiple choice answers, all of which were wrong.
- Pointless appearances by Posh Spice (who gives a shit?) and Kelly Osbourne (sat next to a terrified Gareth Gates), who were on the show solely to say “we’re on the show next week.”
- Bizarre Westlife performance with a woman floating around wrapped in a bit of cloth or some such shit.
- Relegating Dizzee Rascal and Lostprophets to the BBC3 edition.
- A (paid) viewers’ vote to choose the video to play at the end of the show, only for them to show one verse and a chorus.
- Mis-teeq and Lisa Maffia medleys. Medleys are ALWAYS shit.
- Token guitar band with a brief glimpse of The Darkness.
- Video of Craig David in South Africa to show how down-to-earth and sympathetic he is.
Quite frankly, ‘CD:UK’, which is obviously wishes it was, still pisses over it from a great height.
DiScuss: What would you prefer to see on the programme? How would you change the format? Or do you totally disagree and think it’s fine as it is? Should they just have replaced it with the format of the Saturday morning edition?