- Aidan Moffat »
Recently, on the final touring weekend of three with Malcolm Middleton, I started to relieve the boredom by messing about with the video camera on my phone. I’d forgotten it was there; I’m still getting used to the idea of having a multi-functional device in my pocket. I made a little film that was intended to be part of a longer (short) movie about how boring the backstage areas at gigs are these days. There was a time when the dressing room was a consummate den of debauchery, but these days I’m happy with a cup of tea, some nuts, a few ciders and a good Wi-Fi connection. The plan was to continue to make little films like this and then compile them, but I got bored with that pretty quickly and never got round to making another. It turns out making a movie about being bored was pretty boring – who could have guessed?
Anyway, as you’ll see, I’m a pacer.
The album Everything’s Getting Older by Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells is released today, 9th May 2011, via the always brilliant Chemikal Underground label. You will find heaps more Aidan Moffat takeover day content by bashing your mouse here.
- Q1 2013 Editor's Picks: From Bowie to Jason Molina - 13 Must Reads
- A smash hit: DiS delves inside the mind of Aidan Moffat...
- I'll Be Your Mirror artists pick their favourite B-Sides ft. Warren Ellis, Bill Wells & Aidan Mo
- Rustie, Mogwai, Moffat and more for Scotland's first Mercury-esque Music Prize
- "No one wants to spend fifty minutes with an album if it’s all just misery" - DiS meets Aidan Moffat
- Artist Lists: Antlers, Cut Copy, Destroyer, Aidan Moffat + more share their Five Favourite LPs of '1
- Drowned in Sound's Albums of the Year: 5-1
- Aidan Moffat releases Oh! What A Night Before Christmas