and you. care for a cup of tea?
2. 2004 ended with yourself graduating to a higher echelon of the public eye. How excited are you for 2005?
3. Do you feel pressured by the high praise you are levelled with from many journalistic corners?
4. DiS would love to know more about working with Conor Oberst's Team Love label in the US. How did it come about? Is he interesting to work with?
we became familiar with each other's music through mutual friends. we started working together after he put me up for a few weeks while I was exploring new york city.
5. Having toured with luminaries such as The Greatful Dead, Death Cab for Cutie and Ben Kweller (where DiS caught you first), what is it like to be heading your own shows?
like bringing an accountant to a campfire singalong.
6. What's a Willy Mason tour like? I mean are we talking groupies & excess or hardwork & no mess?
depends on the phase of the moon.
7. Having your brother Sam coming on the road must be strange and awesome and equal quantities. What is it like bringing someone even younger than yourself into the world of touring?
like trying to tame Ferdinand the bull
8. Your recording ethic is one of live recording and as few takes as possible, do you find this to be restraining or liberating? Do you find the live sound essential to your style of music?
do you walk your feet or do your feet walk you?
9. Tell us a secret.
close your eyes and listen. i'll tell you everything.
10. Tell us about a band we haven't heard of.
The Unbusted is the 3 piece garage rock group you always wish existed (except they practiced in a retirement home instead of the garage).
11. Did you know that Joni Mitchell was addicted to Southern Comfort? What's your vice of choice?
theres no such thing as vice. only shame and a mute instinct.
12. DiS is (metaphorically) dying. Tell me about that record I need to hear before I hit the grave.
John Lee Hooker will settle all your humanly matters before the deed is done if you listed to Alone. "you don't take nothin into this world, and you don't take nothin away. people gotta wake up."
13. Is all about luck? Or love?
Love is the bossman. Luck pulls his chariot.