- Razorlight »
- Vertigo »
Smashing Pumpkins** fans out there? Missing those hedonistic days of the mid nineties where Corgan and co. used to knock out radio friendly ballads? Well, fear not, here's the latest Razorlight single... no really... 'Somewhere Else_' sounds like the perfect amalgamation of 'Tonight Tonight' and 'Disarm'. You couldn't make it up.
That musicologist-friendly point aside, Razorlight**'s new track - the first fruits post 'Up All Night' is a very serviceable string-drenched ballad where Borrell extorts his desire of "I wish I could be somewhere else" over a slice of ego-friendly sampled roaring crowd. Written somewhere in a San Antonian desert in the middle of his much-discussed breakdown-cum-headfuck? Maybe, or perhaps it's another piece of Johnny's admittedly excellent roleplaying abilities. Who knows?
Something new from something very old, then.
- "It’s the album I’ve always wanted to make" - DiS meets Andy Burrows
- Drowned In Nottingham #10
- In Photos: V Festival 2011 @ Weston Park, Staffordshire
- Mixtape: Camden Crawl '11 + Win VIP Tickets
- V Festival 2009: The DiS Review
- The Insider: How To Get Your Band Tipped
- Razorlight - Slipway Fires
- RIP: death at RockNess for second year running