- Oasis »
- Big Brother »
Fuck. How easily Oasis should be critically dissected in mere handfuls of unkind adjectives and sprinkled Beatles references. And how embarrassingly plod-rock have the most famously eye-browed brothers in music become over their last few offerings?
From reliably rock ‘n’ roll, they’ve morphed into a laughably derivative circus with maximum bravado and minimum classic tunes. And there’s no ‘Definitely Maybe’ about that.
How does ‘Stop Crying Your Heart Out’ fit into all of this? Well forget momentarily that you won’t find such a startling lack of originality this side of Ocean-fucking-Colour Scene.
Because the second single from upcoming make-or-break opus ‘Heathen Chemistry' is memorable, anthemic, bathed in laddish emotion and wouldn’t sound out of place alongside anything from the afore-mentioned celebrated debut album. Which could be because the chorus is so close to that of ‘Slide Away’ that fans the world over will be made to look foolish in botched attempts to sing along.
Like corrupt politicians and income tax, Oasis will seemingly always exist. Better get used to them then.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching