- Sum 41 »
- Island »
For the majority of Sum 41's current album, All Killer No Filler, you are bored shitless. You've heard it all before. Of course you have, there are only so many anti-authority, I can't get a girl three chord dittys possible. But there are, however, a few songs which are genuinely exciting and make you want to jump up and down till your legs fall off.
Fat Lip is one of them. Three minutes of rap verses and big choruses, it is a truly ace song. Who needs invention when you can have a three minute pop song as good as this? And there isn't really much else to say about it........ except that it mentions mullets. Fantastic.
PS. Can some one just explain to me though why singers in punk bands always sound weird when pronouncing vowels? E.g. in this song when Deryck sings "I'll do what I can". See also many songs by Green Day and Blink 182...
- In Photos: Sziget Festival 2012 @ Budapest, Hungary
- In Photos: Sonisphere Festival 2011 @ Knebworth
- SummerSonic 2007: the DiS review
- A Review of 2006: DiS is what it's all about, yo
- Sum 41 minus one
- Avril and Deryck, sitting in a tree...
- Reuben, Engerica and Sum 41. Bedfellows are strange at the best of times...
- Music newsy round-up