- Antony And The Johnsons »
- Rough Trade »
antony and the johnsons: 'cut the world' is a collection of live symphonic performances of songs from the band's 4 full length albums ('swanlights', 'the crying light', 'i am a bird now', and 'self titled'). recorded in copenhagen, dk with the danish national chamber orchestra, 'cut the world' features arrangements by nico muhly, rob moose, maxim moston and antony. additionally the title track 'cut the world' is featured here for the first time. it is one of antony's new songs for the life and death of marina abramovi directed by robert wilson and staring antony, marina abramovi and willem dafoe. 'cut the world' was recorded live on september 2nd and 3rd, 2011 at the dk concert hall in copenhagen, dk and represents antony's continued meditation on light, nature and femininity. antony discusses his ideas on the track 'future feminism', a speech he made during one of the concerts. addressing the affects of patriarchy on the global ecology, antony explores the possibility of shifting towards feminine systems of governance in a gesture to restore our world.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Antony And The Johnsons - Cut the World
- Meltdown 2012: The DiS Preview + Playlist + Archive Content
- Antony And The Johnsons - Swanlights
- Watch: Antony & The Johnsons - 'Thank You For Your Love'
- Baby Dee - A Book of Songs for Anne Marie
- Manchester International Festival: the DiS review
- Hegarty, Flea and more for Ornette Coleman curated Meltdown
- This Week's Singles: 30/03/09