- alt-j »
- Infectious »
alt-j, the breakthrough band of 2012 with the wholly unique vision, follow up the recent release of their single, 'matilda', with the release of their debut album. 'an awesome wave', featuring thirteen tracks laced with their already distinctive sound, was recorded with long-time producer charlie andrew (micachu and the shapes, eugene mcguinness). veering wildly from psychedelic avant-pop to skeletal folktronica, the finished album trades in understated beauty one minute and epic oddities the next, just as you'd expect from a debut album that tackles everything from love to bullfighting to the heroic life of 1930s war photographer, gerda taro, who was crushed by a tank on the frontline. other tracks are inspired by cinema, including lead single, 'matilda' (about natalie portman's character in luc besson's leon) and the good the bad and the ugly-referencing 'tessellate'.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- DiS Does Pop #13: What's the point of the Brit Awards?
- In Photos: Alt-J @ Electric Ballroom, London
- Mercury Prize 2012: DiS does a live blog
- This Week's Singles 1.10.12: Alt-J, Pollens, Richard Hawley, Tilly & The Wall, Allo Darlin'
- In Photos: End Of The Road Festival 2012 @ Larmer Tree Gardens, Dorset
- In Photos: Green Man Festival 2012 @ Glanusk Park, Wales
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2012 - Day 1 @ Richfield Avenue
- In Photos: The Temper Trap @ Somerset House, London