- Pelican »
- Southern Lord »
southern lord is proud to unleash the new ep from thunderous post-instrumental outfit, pelican. 'ataraxia / taraxis' is the long-awaited follow-up to their sprawling 2009 full length, 'what we all come to need'. with members now residing in separate cities, the ep represents a new chapter in the band's evolution. now, with a reenergized focus on composition and the utilization of the recording studio as a creative tool in the songwriting process, 'ataraxia / taraxis' yields one of the most diverse efforts in the band's prolific discography. the four new songs highlight the manifold sonic strengths of the band by delving into moments of triumphant melodic rock, smokey doom, ambient soundscape, acoustic desert-folk, and minimalist electronics. in contrast to the ep's origin as the product of four different recording studios, including stints with engineers sanford parker (twilight, yob, nachtmystium) and aaron harris (isis), the carefully crafted track listing boasts a cohesive narrative flow, lending the release a truly epic feel, worthy of a full album.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis
- Pelican - What We All Come To Need
- Instrumental intensity: Pelican and Russian Circles on tour
- Primavera Sound 2007: the DiS Review
- Next week: two free DiS shows in London
- DiS Radio: DiScover five: tours and shows and stuff!
- DiS @ SXSW: the review
- Pelican: "We’re neither trend setters nor trend followers"