- The Shins »
- Columbia Records »
With James Mercer at the helm, The Shins set sail for the Port Of Morrow taking
listeners on a voyage across beautiful, shimmering indie rock oceans.
The first new material from The Shins in over four years, Port Of Morrow is the much
anticipated follow-up to their Grammy-nominated album Wincing The Night Away.
The Shins began life in 1996 as a side project for singer/songwriter James Mercer,
around the time that his primary band Flake Music came to an end. Mercer remains
at the heart of an evolving line-up, handling all songwriting duties, lead vocals, guitar,
lap steel, percussion and glockenspiel. Port Of Morrow – the fourth Shins album –
was mixed by Rich Costey and produced by Greg Kurstin, who also contributes keys,
guitar and bass on various tracks. Other musicians featured on the record include;
Joe Plummer, Janet Weiss, Dave Hernandez, Marty Crandall, Eric D. Johnson, Ron
Lewis and Nik Freitas.
New single Simple Song is available now, and album Port Of Morrow drops anchor
on 19th March, released via James Mercer’s own Aural Apothecary label and
- The Shins, Calexico & Eleanor Friedberger on their favourite Christmas songs
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- This Week's Singles! 30.07.12: Dead Fader, The Antlers, The Shins, The Orb
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- This Week's Singles 28/05/12: Luke Abbott, Jherek Bischoff, The Shins, Euros Childs, Poppy & The
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- In Photos: The Shins @ The Forum, London