- Ryan Adams »
- Pax-Am/Columbia »
ryan adams' first solo album to be released on his own pax-am label and sony's columbia records, the album was recorded in la at sunset sound in hollywood and produced by glyn johns, renowned for his work with the likes of the beatles, bob dylan, the clash, the who and the rolling stones, and whose son ethan produced previous ryan adams albums 'heartbreaker', 'gold' and '29'. 'ashes and fire' also features tom petty and the heartbreakers' organist benmont tench as well as norah jones who sings backing vocals on several tracks, including the lilting, acoustic overtures of 'come home', the sumptuous ballad 'save me' and the heartfelt 'kindness'. from the country-rock tinged opener of 'dirty rain', to the piano-led lament of 'i love you but i don't know what to say' and the acoustic harmony of 'lucky now', 'ashes and fire' is the most cohesive and luscious album of ryan's distinguished, critically-acclaimed career.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- DiSmas Giveaway: Win 6months Premium Access to Spotify
- Spotifriday #112: Bjork, Burial, Mozart, SBTRKT, Laurel Halo, Ryan Adams...
- Live Review: Ryan Adams at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery Masonic Lodge, Los Angeles, Mon 10 Oct
- "I’m always in a good place when I’m working on music" - DiS meets Ryan Adams
- Spotifriday #111 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Nils Frahm, Björk, New Look + more
- Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire
- News Mixtape #2: Santigold, The National, The Shins, Thurston Moore, Wilco, Ryan Adams...
- Spotifriday #82: Raekwon, Bjork, Bieber, FlyLo, The Smiths