- Matthew Herbert »
- Accidental »
'one club' by matthew herbert ('bodily functions', 'around the house') is part two of his 'one' trilogy and follows the acclaimed 'one one'. 'one club' is a return to herbert's roots in dance music. it is also, in it's simplest form, club music made out of a club. the music on the album was constructed entirely from sounds created by the audience and the building at the robert johnson nightclub in frankfurt on a single night. the club was rigged with microphones, with some on the dancefloor, hung from the ceiling, in the dj booth, in taxis, the cloakroom, the bar and the toilets. sounds recorded included people kissing, waving keys, whistling, making sounds to indicate their sexual preference, beatboxing, singing and of course dancing. every track of the project is named after people who were present that night. the result directly implicates the audience in the process and in the fabric of the record in a way that records and celebrates the communities which spontaneously and temporarily emerge in clubs all over the world every week.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Spotifriday #118 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. SBTRKT, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Ane Brun + mor
- Listen: Download Matthew Herbert - 'August 2011 (Micachu Remix)'
- Matthew Herbert - One Pig
- Matthew Herbert’s One Pig @ Royal Opera House, 02/09/2011
- Watch: Matthew Herbert's One Pig mini-documentary
- Matthew Herbert - One Club
- Matthew Herbert - One One
- Glastonbury renames Jazz World stage, announces line-up for it