- Band of Horses »
- Columbia Records »
north carolina's band of horses return for album number three, newly expanded in line up and drawing deeply on america's rich musical history. the band sealed their status with their previous album, 2007's 'cease to begin', building on their early online, blog buzz acclaim. 'infinite arms' sees the band, led by ben bridwell, drop many of their 'indie rock' pretensions for a more classic, rootsy american sound. kicking off with the pretty ballad 'factory', it's a beginning at odds with 'cease to begin''s 'is there a ghost', favouring a laidback approach over walls of rushing guitars. it's also a good indicator for the rest of the album's twelve tracks. stand outs amongst the slower songs include 'blue beard', its stately swagger topped by coo-ing harmonies and punctuating guitar chords with a chorus that recalls starland vocal band's 'afternoon delight'. from their indie rock beginnings band of horses have grown into modern american torch bearers, their grasp on state-side music and history apparent in their effortlessly authentic yet ageless sound. 'infinite arms' is their strongest album yet, perfecting their instantly recognisable sound with bridwell in fine voice throughout.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- In Photos: Band Of Horses @ Hammersmith Apollo, London
- Band Of Horses on Mirage Rock, legendary producers and stealing the Kings Of Leon's fanbase.
- Band of Horses - Mirage Rock
- In Photos: Band of Horses @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Band of Horses, Mojave 3, Goldheart Assembly at Academy, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Mon 31 Jan
- Band Of Horses line up early 2011 UK dates
- In Photos: Band of Horses @ The Roundhouse, London
- Band of Horses - Infinite Arms