- Richard Hawley »
- Mute »
richard hawley's sixth studio album, 'truelove's gutter,' is released on mute. recorded in hawley's hometown of sheffield at yellow arch studios, 'truelove's gutter' is a testament to his intoxicating song writing talents with eight new compositions. arrangements on 'truelove's gutter' occasionally feature some truly uncommon instrumentation, such as the megabass waterphone and crystal baschet. "i use a load of odd sounds on this album that are not heard on many other records," says richard. "the sounds in my head on a lot of the tracks - i didn't even know what they were called!" eccentric instruments notwithstanding, the lush but minimal production provides a haunting backdrop to hawley's unique voice and allows him plenty of space for some outstandingly beautiful guitar solos. "i wanted it to be a listening experience from start to finish, where you couldn't just pause it and go off and watch coronation street or whatever," explains hawley. "sonically, it flows. it's not jumping all over the place. it just has a mood that goes through the whole thing." thematically his darkest work to date, 'truelove's gutter' explores the idea of people or things that are broken in some way, and the fractured and damaged times in which we live, to which hawley's lyrics profoundly attest.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Watch: Suede, Foals, Richard Hawley, The Cribs, Everything Everything live for 6 Music
- "I don’t believe in mumbo jumbo" - DiS meets Richard Hawley
- This Week's Singles 1.10.12: Alt-J, Pollens, Richard Hawley, Tilly & The Wall, Allo Darlin'
- In Photos: Richard Hawley @ City Hall, Sheffield
- Drowned In Nottingham #9: Festivals special
- Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2010 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- Camera Obscura to release collaborative single with Richard Hawley