V Weekend tickets go in eight minutes
Off the back of the most unlikely booking of Radiohead's summer and bemusement from the party faithful: middle class campers and hardcore Yorke followers collided over the ticketing websites at 9am this morning to see V - that most commercial and derided of festivals - sell out of weekend tickets (with and without camping) at the Chelmsford site in just eight minutes - with the Staffordshire event selling out in 48 minutes.
As a load bearing measure, See Tickets (aka. gigsandtours.com) staggered the release of tickets with two small, extra blocks of tickets released over the hour that followed the main batch but each of these sold out in less time than it took for most to type in their card details.
Saturday day tickets for Chelmsford (Bloc Party, Keane, Beck, Radiohead line up) were third to go with the corresponding Sunday tickets for the Staffordshire leg going soon after. Seriously, look here.
For Radiohead fans desperate to see what happens when they headline V, there is always the rough mistress of eBay. There are some with camping up already; a bargain at £500 a pair.
The moral of the story: make more friends with Virgin mobiles next year, take some typing classes or buy a better alarm clock.
Photo by Andrew Future
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012