Strokes give Nigel Godrich a Test Run
- The Strokes »
Yes, the producer of such bands as Radiohead and Beck is penciled in to record two songs and if all goes well The Strokes will continue to record with Nigel.
The Strokes camp is hoping for a late August or September release from the as yet untitled album, but if Nigel doesn't work out they will start all over from scratch.
The upcoming album is most likely to include material that the band premiered on their last tour, so look for studio versions of 'You Talk Way Too Much', 'The Way It Is', 'Meet Me In The Bathroom' and 'I Can't Win' to make an appearance.
Nigel and The Strokes? This could be very interesting or very disappointing, stay with DiS for updates.
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary
- Leeds Festival 2011 - Drowned In Sound's Sunday Blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2011 - Day 3
- In Photos: The Strokes @ Leeds Festival 2011
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2011 - Day 2
- DiS in the Desert: Coachella Festival 2011 Reviewed
- Spotifriday #83: This Week as a Playlist ft. Battles, Tom Waits, Strokes, Pixies, Austra
- The Strokes - Angles