This time last year, we babbled a whole bunch about how great Luke Abbott's Holkham Drones album was, and how he was destined for bigger and better things. Well, he's gone and signed to NOTOWN, the label run by fellow digital dadaist Gold Panda.
We're not 100% sure if this is an upgrade or downgrade from legendary James Holden's Border Community, but regardless, his new stuff sounds like another leap through that wormhole of warm lush analogue synths and dusty digital beats. DiS is as pleased as punch, to premiere the brand new EP from Luke Abbott. It's called Object Is A Navigator and it's released on 12" vinyl and digitally on the 10th of December 2012 on NOTOWN Recordings
Pre-order your copy from NOTOWN’s store now
p.s. If you've somehow not heard it, read how awesome Holkham Drones is here and here, and then read our interview with him here.
p.p.s. did you know Hayden from Wild Beasts is also a big fan? Now there's a collaboration we'd like to hear in 2013!
- Ed Harcourt, Liars, Ghosting Season, Eight and a Half, Luke Abbott's LPs of 2012
- EP Stream: Luke Abbott - Object Is A Navigator
- On The DiS Stereo: June 2012
- This Week's Singles 28/05/12: Luke Abbott, Jherek Bischoff, The Shins, Euros Childs, Poppy & The
- On The DiS Stereo: May 2012
- Spotifriday #106 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Warpaint, The National, Destroyer
- The Neptune 2011: Nominees announced for DiS' alt-Mercury Music Prize
- Spotifriday #103: Oneida, Blood Red Shoes, SBRKT, Luke Abbott