- Gary Numan »
- Purity Ring »
- Grasscut »
- Blood Diamonds »
- Donna Summer »
- Gold Panda »
- Chromatics »
- Aphex Twin »
- LCD Soundsystem »
DiS is compiling a playlist of 101 songs to act as an introduction to Electronic music (yeah, we know that is a very broad term!).
We're doing this, partly because we can, but mostly to celebrate the launch of a new magazine named Electronic. They've given us a big sack of Electronic records for one of you to win, just by taking part in our playlist folly and sharing your knowledge...
Before we get to the playlist that we've compiled so far, we have the following prizes to give away to one lucky winner:
- Robert Hood – Motor: Nighttime World 3 (Music Man): The Detroit techno legend presents the latest album in his ‘Nighttime World’ series.
- Mark Stewart – The Politics Of Envy (Future Noise Music): The acclaimed new album, including the new single ‘Stereotype’, featuring Factory Floor.
- Grasscut – Unearth (Ninja Tune): Quality electronica with a dash of pyscho-geography and a guest appearance by Robert Wyatt.
- Outer Space – II (Blast First Petite): The second offering in a trilogy of releases from John Elliot of Emeralds.
- Minny Pops – Standstill To Motion (LTM Recordings): A live CD/DVD package recorded in Amsterdam and New York in 1981.
- The Gaslamp Killer – Breakthrough (Brainfeeder): The debut album from the much admired LA turntablist and founder of the Low End Theory club.
- Kid Koala – 12 Bit Blues (Ninja Tune): Further proof that Eric San is one of the most innovative beatmasters around.
- Purity Ring – Belispeak 12-inch (4AD): A limited edition 12-inch of one of the highlights of the band’s excellent debut album ‘Shrines’.
- Blood Diamonds (featuring Grimes) – Phone Sex 12-inch (4AD): Grimes hooks up with her old pal Mike Tucker for this steel drum-driven electro fizzer.
- Backstage: A Book Of Reflections (Gary Numan book) by Stephen Roper: A fascinating book about Gary Numan focussing on the years 1979-81, when Numan was at the peak of his commercial success.
To enter, simply comment below telling us:
Which tracks - in your humble opinion - are missing from this Electronic music playlist?
This competition will close and the winner of this bag of swag will be picked by DiS' editor at midday on Friday 28th September 2012.
Please note: There are already some entries beneath a sample feature from the magazine about Twin Shadow, as well as in this thread on the DiS boards and over on our Facebook page.