- The Shins »
Whilst Broken Bells take a break, The Shins' James Mercer and his new band of merry men have a new album and are coming over to London in March to play it^, like, live.
Port of Morrow is out on Monday 19th of March 2012 in the UK. A few days later, on the 22nd, The Shins will be making a glorious racket with their joy-filled sadcore at The Forum in London's not-particularly-plush Kentish Town. It's a 14+ gig. Tickets will set you back £20 + a booking fee but that's the price of glee these days. Tickets go on sale via the ATP website at 10am THIS FRIDAY. Anything else you'd like to know?
Please note: This gig may change your life.
^ = they'll probably play all 'the classics' too, don't you worry...
The Shins also play some shows in Europe in March 2012 which are as follows:
Sun 25th – Melkweg – Holland, Amsterdam
Mon 26th – Bataclan – Paris, France
Wed 28th – Kesselhaus – Berlin, Germany
Fri 30th – Berns – Stockholm, Sweden
The tour will see James Mercer leading a Shins line-up of Yuuki Matthews (bass), Jessica Dobson (guitar), Richard Swift (keyboards) and Joe Plummer (drums).
- The Shins, Calexico & Eleanor Friedberger on their favourite Christmas songs
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- This Week's Singles! 30.07.12: Dead Fader, The Antlers, The Shins, The Orb
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- This Week's Singles 28/05/12: Luke Abbott, Jherek Bischoff, The Shins, Euros Childs, Poppy & The
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- In Photos: The Shins @ The Forum, London