- Bon Iver »
Today we reviewed Bon Iver's new, self-titled record. James Skinner had this to say about it:
"Vernon’s voice – an expressive, enchanting thing – is instantly recognisable, and he’s still capable of wrenching every ounce of emotion possible from his songs. It’s a more polished affair than the occasionally rough-hewn debut, synthesisers and saxophones (and space, so much space) guiding and colouring its frosty soundscapes. Lyrically oblique, its power stems from Vernon’s odd turn-of-phrase and heartrending delivery – it’s best just to let that voice wash over you, letting the images manifest in their own time."
So there you go. There's now a video for the single 'Calgary' which can be watched below.
Some of it's a bit..."Coldplay", no, or is that just me?
- 50 Musicians To Follow On Instagram
- In Photos: Bon Iver @ Wembley Arena, London
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- In Photos: Way Out West 2012 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
- In Photos: Bon Iver @ Latitude Festival 2012
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 1 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- Latitude 2012 - Drowned In Sound's Friday blog
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 10-7: Bon Iver, Sam Airey, Low, Kurt Vile