On Monday, we ran a Leeds day, glancing back at 10 years in that Northern city that never seems to stop grinning. The reason for this special day, wasn't just that the city has long been high on the DiS awesome-o-metre but that this weekend there's a festival going on in Leeds called Constellations.
Wut? As they put it themselves "Constellations is a brand new music and arts festival taking place against the backdrop of one of the UK’s most creative cities. Constellations will take place on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th November 2010." The music bits features oodles of great bands from Broken Social Scene, Los Campesinos!, Liars and Les Savy Fav to Four Tet, Gold Panda and Abe Vigoda. As media partner of the festival, DiS is very excited to offer you the chance to win a pair of tickets and a whole heap of goodies from the good peoples of Leeds (and Wichita Records, who seem to release lots of related stuffz!).
- Tickets to Constellations for BOTH DAYS.
- Wichita Goodie Bag - CD's by all bands on wichita playing Constellations, plus bag and other Merch.
- Brew Records - Chickenhawk's new album and the DTTR 4x12" which also features Brew's Chickenhawk
- ILR - I LIKE TRAINS new LP signed, Badge set and 2 screen prints (1 Christmas Tree Ship EP and the new album artwork).
- DTTR Goodie Bag.
- Iconic Leeds Brudenell Social Club T shirt.
To enter, all you need to do is reply to this news story^ with a link to your favourite Leeds band, new or old, big or small, and a winner will be picked at random at noon on Friday. And if you need some inspiration, our Leeds Day coverage can be found here: http://drownedinsound.com/lists/leedsleedsleeds.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
^ = You will need to sign-up to the site to enter, which is pretty easy, either bash the facebook connect button at the top of the site or goto our sign-up page.