Released earlier this week, Go, the debut solo album by Jónsi (aka Jón Þór Birgisson aka the violin-bow wielding singer of Sigur Rós) swoops and soars in wondrous, almost child-like ways - hear it for yourself below. And if haven't done so already, read the 9/10 verdict in the review of the record we ran here.
A few weeks back, DiS' founder/editor wandered over to the EMI offices to interrogate Jónsi to discuss the record. In the part 2, we discovered what it was like to work with Nico Muhly and got some clue what we can expect at the forthcoming live shows (dates here)...
If you missed part 1, here it is:
This was filmed and edited by the fine gentlemen from the brilliant Beatcast.tv.
If you've not heard the album yet? Listen here:
- "It actually feels like coming home again" - DiS meets Jonsi from Sigur Ros
- by:Larm 2011 – Part I, by Luke Slater
- Nordic Music Prize shortlist unveiled
- Drowned in Sound Albums of the Year 2010: 75-51
- In Photos: Bestival 2010 @ Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight
- Øya - The DiS review, Part I
- Sonar 2010: the DiS review (Saturday)
- In Photos: Jónsi @ The Forum, London