- The National »
Drip-by-drip new information emerges about The National's new album, the follow-up to 2007's astounding Boxer. Earlier in the year they told us it'd be out in May on 4AD, but now the release date and title have been revealed, along with a website for the record.
It's called High Violet, and will be out on May 11 in the US, which will probably mean a May 10 release date in the UK, maybe a bit earlier, maybe a bit later. The website for the album is at highviolet.com and features a few snaps, presumably taken from their time in the studio. Not much else, though.
See below for a few of them:
As we said last time round, not much more is known about it, other than that a selection of these tracks may be included on High Violet.
- 'Blood Buzz, Ohio'
- 'Vanderlylle Cry Baby'
Forthcoming dates listed below:
22-23 - Richmond, VA, The National Theater
5 - London, Electric Ballroom
6 - London, Royal Albert Hall
7 - Paris, Zenith w/ Pavement
9 - Berlin, Astra
22 - Los Angeles, The Wiltern
23 - San Diego, Spreckels Theater
27 - Oakland, Fox Theater
2 - Bostom, House of Blues
5 - Philadelphia, Electric Factory
6 - Washington, DC, DAR Constitution Hall
8 - Toronto, Massey Hall
16 - New York, Radio City Music Hall
- The National - Trouble Will Find Me
- A Scream and an Outrage: Win tickets to Barbican weekend of music curated by Nico Muhly
- DiS Does Singles 15.04.13: Cat Power, Jessie Ware, The National, Bibio
- ATP The National: the DiS review
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Watch: Sharon Van Etten in session + she chats about Tramp and getting stuck in the mud
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- DiS meets Bryce Dessner of The Long Count & The National