- LCD Soundsystem »
Although there has been recent speculation LCD Soundsystem's future recording and touring commitments - much from the band themselves - they WILL be playing at least one more UK tour. Something to get excited about, at least.
A handful of academy dates have just been 'announced', spanning five nights, although, unfortunately for anyone who doesn't live in England, there are no dates in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Though there has been no official press release or announcement from the band, but the ticket links are all over the InterWeb, at places like TicketWeb.
Dates are as follows:
23 - London, Brixton Academy
26 - Birmingham, Academy
27 - Leeds, Academy
1 - Manchester, Academy (University)
2 - Bristol, Academy
Tickets, which go on sale this Friday, January 22, can be obtained at the aforementioned TicketWeb.
We spoke to James Murphy about his hopes for the new decade, and some of what had gone before. Click here to read '10 Questions for 2010'.
Speaking of the band's future, and any plans post-LCD, he said:
"I don't like saying things like that because I realise people see them as proclamations of some sort, which is not how I feel at all. When I'm working it makes sense to think of it as the last you'll ever do because then you make it good."
So maybe not, then. Fingers crossed.
He did admit, however, that all the talk of taking a break and the tour being the last, may well not turn out that way, saying he's done such things before. We all have, James, we all have.
- Help us compile The Ultimate Electronic Music playlist and you could win a bag of records
- "No regrets. None."- DiS meets LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy
- Win! Tickets to LCD Soundsystem Shut Up And Play the Hits London Premiere!
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Drowned in Film at Sundance London
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Reviewed: Shut Up And Play the Hits a documentary about the last days of LCD Soundsystem
- Friday Fun: Time for some James Murphy coffee?