Damon Albarn-devised, genre-spanning supergroup Gorillaz are finishing off work on their forthcoming LP, their third in total, which has been given the title Plastic Beach. It's been a bit of a bloody while since the last one - Demon Days was released wayyyyyyyy back in 2005.
The record is due for release in March, and the band's 'leader', Murdoc, has been tweeting a few details of the recording process. Sort of. You will remember, I hope, that Gorillaz are somewhat of a 'made-up' band, but don't let any of them know I said that.
Here's what he had to say for himself:
"Album almost finished. Drinks being mastered. Isolation kicking in. Bucket of Propofol to help me sleep. Happy 2010!!"
"Urrp!! Just finished mixing new Gorillaz track with er…'My ARSE'!. Sounds pretty good... Can't wait to play it."
"Oh yeah, Gorillaz fans. I'm far, far, far away. On a big piece of plastic floating in the middle of nowhere. Just so you know."
Rumoured tracklisting below. Some decent names in that there bunch including, it seems, Bruce Willis and one third of the Bee Gees. As well as Mark E. Smith, of course. Yes. Bruce Willis. The one that did the voice for Bruno The Kid. Remember him?
- Seagull Massacre
- Broken (featuring Mos Def)
- Stylo (featuring Bruce Willis)
- Electric Shock (featuring De La Soul)
- Satan’s Burlesque (featuring the Horrors)
- Pirate Ship (featuring Mark E Smith and Einar Örn Benediktsson)
- Sweep Stakes (featuring Mos Def)
- Carousel (featuring De La Soul)
- Sloped Tropics (featuring De La Soul)
- Twilight (featuring Ozzy Osbourne)
- Daydream Daemon (featuring Mos Def)
- Plastic Beach (featuring Lou Reed)
- Banana Bunch (featuring Snoop Dog)
- Arming The Nation (featuring Barry Gibb and Bobby Womack)
- Closing Time
Plastic Beach will be released on March 8.