- The Crookes »
So this is Christmas, and as well as massive queues and really shit weather, it's also a time for bands to get themselves a few extra Myspace friends by recording a festive tune or two and whacking 'em online. Bah! Humbug!, etc.
You've got to give The Crookes marks for effort, though: the so-hot-right-now, Steve Lamacq-endorsed Sheffield quartet have launched their very own '12 Days Of Crookesmas' campaign (see what they did there?), which features a number of free seasonal recordings and A/V treats, dished out one per day, including contributions from famous Sheffieldians Richard Hawley and 'Reverend' Jon McClure.
And on the ninth day of Crookesmas... well, we've got an exclusive treat for you, lucky DiSsers: The Crookes' cover of Low's 'Just Like Christmas', which has been endorsed (nay, encouraged) by the band.
Listen below, and head over to 12DaysOfCrookesmas.com to check out what's behind the other doors.
- In Photos: Y-Not Festival 2012 @ Peak District National Park
- In Photos: Tramlines Festival 2012, Sheffield
- In Photos: The Crookes & Hey Sholay @ The Harley, Sheffield
- Drowned In Sheffield #8
- The Crookes - Chasing After Ghosts
- Drowned in Sheffield #2
- In Photos: Camden Crawl 2010
- In Photos: Friends of Manchester Festival