The first round of marvellous bands have been announced for the Matt Groening curated ATP festival, which takes place in May next year. For some reason, no bands were named when the MG was unveiled originally, but now you'll be able to sleep a bit easier if you've bought your ticket, as good news has arrived your way.
The most exciting bit is that The Boredoms will be performing Boardrum 9, which is basically a show with NINE drummers. A drummer extravaganza or something. They've done it before at ATP NY (see below video), and thought it'd be a good idea to repeat the feat this time round and, well, who can blame them? Not me.
Elsewhere on the bill, slightly weird folk-violist Anni Rossi forms part of the line-up with The Raincoats, Tounami Diabete, Danielson, James Blackshaw and Viv Albertine's (formerly of The Slits) Limerence. Click their names below to visit their MySpace pages, and let your ears do the listening.
Tickets for all this sort of thing are available NOW from SeeTickets. Click on that link and do the necessary.
- Listen: Download new Anni Rossi track 'Land Majestic'
- Listen: Download Anni Rossi - 'Crushing Limbs'
- Watch: A bunch of bands performing at SXSW ft. Anni Rossi, First Aid Kit + The xx
- 4AD give away free 12-track sampler, lovely stuff
- Anni Rossi, Viv Albertine and Boredoms announced as first bands for Matt Groening ATP
- Rossi, Banhart and Nadler contribute to benefit compilation
- News Drowned-Up: 4AD, The Dead Weather, My Latest Novel and more
- Anni Rossi - Rockwell