LITERALLY EVERYBODY wants to run a fairly last-minute competition via DiS at the moment (obviously not literally everybody, that would be daft). Fragile-voiced, beautiful-melodied, shadowy-of-past cult songwriter legend Daniel Johnston is no exception.
He's playing a gig at London's Bloomsbury Ballroom this Saturday (ie. Halloween) with support from Laura Marling and we have a pair of tickets to give away.
As an additional prize, we can offer you the chance to go for dinner with the great man beforehand and do a wee Q&A with him for DiS; while this may look like we are sort of fobbing an article off on you, we would like to point out that is NOT THE CASE NO SIR. Given the late notice it's totally optional, but if you fancy it Mr Johnson's people are putting it out there and various bumping into at ATP would suggest he's a Very Nice Man. No word yet on what the food might be.
Anyway to win please come up with a name and short back story for that alien frog thing on the cover of Hi, How Are You? and post below. Best one wins. Because of the notice we'll close this comp at noon tomorrow. And, uh, try to remember to mention the comp is closed this time.
If you had forgotten what said creature looked like, a reminder is below. Inne cute?
- 10 Years of singer-songwriters: The Changing of the Guards
- ATP Matt Groening: The DiS review
- In Photos: ATP curated by Matt Groening - Day 3
- Daniel Johnston, Jeffrey Lewis at Troxy, London, Fri 02 Apr
- Daniel Johnston & Jeffrey Lewis announce London show
- Panda Bear, Deerhunter, Broadcast + more for Matt Groening ATP
- Spotifriday #23 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Daniel Johnston - Is and Always Was