- Pavement »
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Oh my god, oh your god, oh his god, oh her god.
Legendary and soon-to-reunite indie-rockers Pavement are to curate May 2010's All Tomorrow's Parties Festival in a move that is, in no other words, an indieverse wet dream coming to life. And some people said ATP had become predictable! Fools!
Yeah, so The Malk, Stairs, Ibold, Nastanovich, and West will pick a decent chunk of the bands to play the weekend as well as playing themselves, naturally. This is quite big news in that, not only will it lead to possibly a few weak knees across the nation, but that it moves forward the COUNTDOWN TO PAVEMENT clock that is currently in motion. Their first show proper was to be in NYC in September next year - this, obviously, sees it move forward a few months, leaving us just SEVEN months to lift-off.
The festival takes place at Butlins, Minehead from May 14-16 2010. Tickets are priced at £160pp for room only and £170pp for self-catering, and are on sale Friday October 9 (this Friday) on ATP's official website, where more information can also be found.
There's the usual deal with Early Beard tickets being available for all up to a certain point, which we believe will be a week after tickets go on general sale. There's also the recession/unemployed-friendly instalment option.
The second May 2010 weekend (ironically the preceding week to this one) will feature a different curator and will be announced next week. Go and have a lie down before then, though.
DiScuss: BEST NEWS EVER? I was hoping for Scratch Acid, myself. Underwhelmed? Who will they get in? Who cares?!.
- 'Part of the wallpaper in a capitalist system' - DiS meets Stephen Malkmus
- Björk and Domino Records founder to be honoured at inaugural Independent Music Awards
- Øya - The DiS review, Part I
- In Photos: Primavera Sound Festival 2010, Barcelona
- Primavera Sound 2010: the DiS review (Thursday)
- In Photos: ATP curated by Pavement - Day 2
- Pavement - Quarantine the Past
- Final additions for Pavement-curated ATP ft. Times New Viking