So, Geoff Barrow of Portishead is also in another band! Imagine that! Well, that band is called BEAK> (with fellow Bristolians Matt Williams and Billy Fuller) and, quite honestly, what we've heard from them so far has been nothing short of top-notch. So, good news for you (and us) is that they've made available a song for download, entirely free. How good natured!
The song in question is called 'I Know' and you can download it from here, absolutely gratis. Their self-titled record will be released October 19 through Invada, of course.
As we reported a few weeks back, the record was recorded live in one room with absolutely no overdubs with the band only using edits to create their arrangements. It was all written pretty swiftly, over 12 days in SOA's studio in Bristol.
A limited edition box set version of the record will be available to order from the Invada website. This LE will contain a CD of the album, a LE CD, 12" vinyl with two bonus tracks and a t-shirt, which you can wear at your leisure.
And there was also the five minute clip/video of Beak> in the studio, performing 'Iron Action'. Watch this below, bro.
Beak> will be featuring at the 10 Years of ATP Festival, too. We believe that to be their first ever live show, so could be quite special, y'hear?
- In Photos: Savages @ Electric Ballroom, London
- This Week's Singles 10.12.12: Ned Collette & Wirewalker, BEAK>, Jesse Boykins III & MeLo-X
- Beak> - >>
- In Photos: ATP - I'll Be Your Mirror curated by Portishead @ Alexandra Palace, London
- Constellations festival: the DiS review
- In Photos: Constellations Festival @ Leeds University Student's Union
- Release The Bats line-up rejigged, Liquid Liquid new headliners
- Battles to headline ATP's Release The Bats