- LCD Soundsystem »
James Murphy has revealed some juicy snippets indeed regarding LCD Soundsystem's forthcoming third album, to be released in Spring 2010. Murphy was talking about the as-yet-untitled record to Mojo.
The record is quite possibly going to be one of the most hyped and massively anticipated releases of the past few years, and will definitely be one of the first 'massive' records of the new decade which we don't yet have a name for. That's if the past record was anything to go by.
Speaking in October's edition of Mojo, Murphy said:
"We've been recording in a mansion. It sleeps 10 and there's an amazing pool and it felt pretty amazing. We decided, let's make Los Angeles an imaginary Los Angeles of the soul from 1973. Everyone had to wear white all the time, so it's like some sort of creepy fucking cult and we'd go to parties, 10 people in a mini-van all in white, and we'd have enough of an impact on how Los Angels operated."
Plenty of work left to be done on the album - currently all instrumental - but Murphy said he was unafraid to take a punt on this record.
"I'm working on a song called 'Why Do You Hate Music?'. Everyone seems to hate music right now, even people who make music. There's a song called 'Love In LA', which has an Eddy Grant, Sly & Robbie feel. I'm doing what I set out to do on Sound of Silver, which is take more chances."
The addition of a chef slash runner also seemed to help the band along with the creative process of the new album. She was, according to JM, pretty into the hipster lesbian disco scene. They also enjoyed her food. A full stomach is a full mind, as they say.
I'm opening a book on how long it will take after this record's release for people to be saying "if this was released 5 months ago, it would have been the album of the decade...". 3-1 on April 4 2010.
If have forgotten just how superb a record Sound of Silver is, you can do the necessary listenin' on Spotify. Then get a bit wet with anticipation.
- Help us compile The Ultimate Electronic Music playlist and you could win a bag of records
- "No regrets. None."- DiS meets LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy
- Win! Tickets to LCD Soundsystem Shut Up And Play the Hits London Premiere!
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Drowned in Film at Sundance London
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Reviewed: Shut Up And Play the Hits a documentary about the last days of LCD Soundsystem
- Friday Fun: Time for some James Murphy coffee?