No Place Like Homelands
Despite the fact that controversial garage act So Solid Crew were forced to withdraw from the festival, following pressure from police, Homelands, now in it's fifth year, is not short of big names including Basement Jaxx, The Beta Band, Roots Manuva and recent additions to the bill, Norwegian electro-noodlists Royksopp, who will be performing a special dawn set.
Also appearing and performing DJ sets in the festival's 11 arenas are:
Zero 7 / Soft Cell / Roger Sanchez / Stanton Warriors / Roni Size / Sasha / Pete Tong / Carl Cox / Judge Jules / Laurent Garnier / Danny Rampling / Gotan Project / X-Press 2 / John Digweed / Richie Hawtin / LTJ Buckem / Giles Peterson and about a million others.
The full Homelands line-up is to be shortly announced, in the meantime tickets for the event are on sale now priced £49.00 adv (subject, as usual, to booking fee and conditions).
Where can you get your hands on one of these tickets? From all Ticketmaster outlets in selected Virgin stores, Tower Records & Waitrose stores nationwide, apparently.
Or go to:
Saturday 1st June 2002, 1pm - 6am
The Bowl, Matterley Estate, Near Winchester, Hampshire.
- DiS meets Steve Mason
- Listen: Stream Steve Mason album Boys Outside
- Spotifriday #41 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- The Beta Band's Steve Mason talks about suicide and depression
- 'Fookin classic mate!': late nineties British indie kings feature on new classical album
- The Weekly DiScussion: cold comfort songs
- Black Affair: new album, tour from ex-Beta
- The Beta Band at Rock City, Nottingham, Wed 17 Nov