Another day, another new festival: Kate Nash among first Splendour names
- The Charlatans »
- Tom Baxter »
- Rufus Wainwright »
- Kate Nash »
- Paolo Nutini »
- House Of Brothers »
- Gabrielle Cilmi »
- The Recovery »
Yep, that's right, yet another new festival is set to make its debut this summer. Say hello - or otherwise - to Splendour, which is scheduled to take place in Nottingham's Wollaton Park on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th July. So far so good...Oh you want to know who's playing, right? Well, the line-up is still in its infancy but confirmed for the Saturday so far are Kate Nash, The Charlatans, Tom Baxter and The Recovery while Sunday's definites up to now include Paolo Nutini, Rufus Wainwright, Gabriella Cilmi and House Of Brothers.
Not exactly bursting with excitement at that little lot? Well there's many more to be confirmed over the next few weeks. There will also be a comedy stage, funfair and kids area if you so wish to take any screaming brats along. Lovely.
Tickets are £50 for the weekend including free parking; day tickets go for £25 and are available from here and here. Residents of Nottingham who have Citycards and Citycard 360’s can buy day tickets for £15 and £10 respectively. Children under ten are entitled to free entry.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Photos: Kendal Calling Festival 2011 @ Lowther Deer Park, Hackthorpe
- In Photos: Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 @ Capesthorne Hall, Macclesfield
- The Charlatans - Us And Us Only (Deluxe edition)
- DiS meets Tim Burgess from The Charlatans
- The Charlatans - Who We Touch
- V Festival 2010 - 10 Not To Miss Sets: The DiS preview
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10
- Summer Sundae Weekender: The DiS review