Maps, These New Puritans, Lovvers announced for Truck festival
These New Puritans, Lovvers and Maps are among the first acts to be announced for this year’s Truck festival.
The event, held at Hill Farm, in Steventon, near Abingdon, South Oxfordshire, aims to bounce back from a water-logged last summer with two days of hot-and-sticky shenanigans from July 19-20.
Other scalps claimed by the festival thus far include Camera Obscura, Abort, Retry, Fail?, Robots In Disguise, Danny & The Champions Of the World, Noah And The Whale, Television Personalities, Emmy The Great and the Small Faces’ Ian Maclagan & The Bump Band. Expect headliners to be announced sometime over the coming misty months.
And away from the Mother Trucker the event’s organisers have announced details of a new, environmentally-sound bash to take place down the road at Brazier’s Park, Oxfordshire.
Wood Festival is set to feature solar-powered stages and yurts for your convenience and will be logging on from May 16-18. There’ll be sets from Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, Ashley Hutchings’ Rainbow Catchers with special guest Judy Dunlop, King Creosote, Danny & The Champions Of The World, The Coal Porters and many more.
Tickets are available now at £45 for the weekend; under-14s get in for free. Click here to get some.
- Wild Beasts, Camera Obscura + more for Bowlie 2
- Drunk and dirty: What makes Glasgow the country’s most exciting music scene?
- Camera Obscura to release collaborative single with Richard Hawley
- Boris, Camera Obscura + more for Pavement curated ATP
- 4AD give away free 12-track sampler, lovely stuff
- Spotifriday #23 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- This Week's Singles: 2/11/09
- Green Man 2009 - The DiS Review