David Yow out of hospital, but Qui guitarist suffers three strokes
Good news for bad brains – David Yow of Qui and the Jesus Lizard has been released from hospital after suffering a collapsed lung earlier this week.
Treated for the damaged organ on Monday, Yow left hospital on Tuesday night, though the state of his condition is such that the dates Qui had scheduled for February and March are still off.
To be fair the three-piece sound like they could do with some time off, guitarist Matt Cronk spending, according to a MySpace bulletin, time in the emergency room this week after suffering three strokes and an “inflamed, infected and strained heart”.
Drummer Paul Christiansen, the band’s presumably nervous third member, took the time to assuage fears a little though, saying that Yow and Cronk “are doing better with hopeful futures, but are not out of the woods yet".
Christiansen will host a karaoke night this coming Monday (4th Feb) at the Cha Cha Lounge in LA to raise funds for the pair’s hospital bills, reports Pitchfork.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- The Cribs: Six Steve Albini Produced Albums
- Primavera 2009: DiS's highlights
- Spotifriday #3 - This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- ATP Vs The Fans Part II: The DiS Review
- ATP May '09: a DiS double mixtape preview
- DiS Festival Guide '09: Part #5: Seaside Boutiques
- Why I love The Jesus Lizard
- The Jesus Lizard reform and play ATP