Another Edinburgh Festival!
The Flipside Music Festival at Whistle Binkies South Bridge, Edinburgh 1st Aug - 1st Sep 2001 2pm - 11pm daily (except on Mondays) - £2.50 afternoons and £5 nights
Bringing 80 prominent and independent musical artists together from all over the UK, along with representatives from Theatre and Film, The Flipside Music festival promises a wide range of mainly Scottish based artist entertainment over its five week duration.
Each afternoon there will be acoustic ensembles and acts, followed by evenings filled with a mixture of bands and solo artists. Covering a wide range of musical styles, from folk and blues through to rock and pop, the festival is split up into set themes, which include:-
* Female Led Performer evenings showcasing some of the finest female talent in Scotland and the UK including Tippi, Andi Neate, Laurie Parker, Sunshine Delay and Rosie Brown
* New Acoustic Music Evenings, with acts such as Allie Fox, Neil Warden, Kathy Stewart and Neil Dixon, all from the borders thriving musical scene.
* Singer/songwriter evenings from artist such as Lorna Brook and The Judy Circus - a collection of Glasgow's finest songwriters including Johnny Hill, Neil Thomson and Larry Guild.
* For the weekend nights, mainly local bands such as Big Hand or small ensembles/solo artists such as Scott MacDonald, although there are two friday showcases, one held by Mint Records and Starshaped Records, and the other by City Beat management
* Storytelling by Otherworld Theatre on Sunday afternoon's leading into a blues evening at night with acts like The Boogie Band, Tim Elliot and the Troublemakers, and Weston Gavin
* Two Saturday afternoon's will be dedicated to The Scottish Screenwriters and Film-makers Network in association with The Blue Room and Cafe Flickafor more information, visit: Edinburgh International Internet Festival