Having been holed up in Amsterdam's Wisseloord Studios for the past couple of months, Japanese garage thrashers Electric Eel Shock are just about set to unleash their fifth, as-yet untitled album.
Having finally achieved a modicum of critical acclaim earlier this year with 'Go Europe', EES have enlisted the services of the legendary Attie Bauw, who lists the likes of Judas Priest and the Scorpions among his previous production credits.
And as a special treat to their most loyal fanatics, Electric Eel Shock are launching the SAMURAI 100 membership programme. Almost like a VIP package for the FA Cup Final at the Millennium Stadium, the SAMURAI 100 package offers its members the following benefits:
- Limited Samurai 100 edition (all individually numbered 1 to 100) multi disc edition of their forthcoming album, along with a DVD and bonus disc of outtakes, of which only 100 will be made
- Limited Edition numbered (1 to 100) single
- Limited Samurai 100 t-shirt
- EES Samurai Season Ticket, which will give you free access to EES gigs, after show parties and other EES Events for the whole of 2005, including VIP access at a festival of your choice in 2005 that EES are playing at (They played 27 last year so their will be plenty to choose from!)
- Credit on the new album artwork and EES website
- Part of the Community with other Samurai 100 members which will include exclusive downloads, news, events etc
Additionally, other exclusive items will be presented to members throughout the year at gigs and special events, along with SAMURAI 100 tour and festival packages, such as reduced admission to next year's Fuji Rock Festival in Japan.
The SAMURAI 100 offer is strictly limited to - yes, you guessed it - the first 100 fans to apply on a first-come, first-served basis and the total cost of the package is £100 via the band's website (www.electriceelshock.net).