LABEL NEWS: Kaiser Chiefs: Live in London, Leeds and MCR
- Kaiser Chiefs »
As you should be aware by now, DiS doesn't just praise and slag off bands, we also pluck the pick of the demo pile and the cream of the live circuit and offer them record deals in the same kinda way Rough Trade and Fierce Panda do.
The Kaiser Chiefs hail from Leeds and sound a bit like the bastard children of Blur, Devo, Pulp, The Clash and Dexy's. They often get compared to Franz Ferdinand and just last week the NME compared them to Madness. And it's the fresh blend of these elements of so many classic british pop bands that got us thumping the heavens with excitement and offering to put out their debut single 'Oh my God' on April 26th via Drowned in Sound Recordings. The catalogue number is DiS0003 and it's distributed by Vital. Oh and the b-sides are 'Born To Be A Dancer' and 'Caroline, Yes'.
Catch 'em live at the following places:
MANCHESTER Jabez Clegg
Thursday 18th March
Support from For Tomorrows + Fraction + The Suzukis
LONDON Water Rats
Wednesday 24th March
With The Koreans + Hard-Fi. £5/4. Onstage 8.15pm.
LEEDS Josephs Well
Friday 26th March
Supporting Bobby Conn + The Cribs. £7. Onstage 8.15pm.
LONDON 93 Feet East
Thursday 1st April
93 and DiS presents: BRAVE NEW IDEAS #3
Support from Tricky Nixon
LEEDS Elland Road
Saturday 24th April
Leeds vs Portsmouth - Pre-Match and Half-Time set!
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 1 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ Lincoln Engine Shed
- In Photos: XFM Winter Wonderland @ Brixton Academy
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ The Forum, London
- In Photos: V Festival 2011 @ Weston Park, Staffordshire
- V Festival 2011: A DiS preview...
- In Photos: Hard Rock Calling 2011 @ Hyde Park, London
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ Princess Pavilion, Falmouth