In photos: British Sea Power at Paris La Danse
- British Sea Power »
With the frenzy surrounding Nicolas and Carla’s joining in holy matrimony as M. and Mme. Sarkozy, no amount of Top 10 hubbub surrounding Do You Like Rock Music? back in ol’ Blighty was going provide British Sea Power with any particular fanfare across The Channel, with Paris a necessary removal away from their usual foliage-waving aficionados (review), where on Sunday (10/02/2008) the ‘eccentrics’ brought over their Bossanova-in-blossom rock epitaphs for young Parisians to gawp at.
After recent performances with falling fools and trips out to Canvey Island, La Danse’s all-seated setup provided a somewhat sterile atmosphere, with Sea Power offering up a sober showcase instead of their usual raucous knees-up, but still offered up plenty of the usual festivities, with new recruit Phil Sumner as ever marching around to the sounds of his own madness.
I have no idea whether this is BSP dressing-up or dressing-down, but Yan looks straight fucking ridiculous as orange knit and dank woollen hat come a clashing.
‘Light Out For Dark Skies’
‘Fear Of Drowning’
‘Down On The Ground’
‘How Will I Ever Find My Way Home’
‘The Great Skua’
‘Please Stand Up’
‘Favours In The Beetroot Fields’
‘Spirit Of St. Louis’
‘A Trip Out’
BSP embark on their European tour on Saturday, before disappearing off Stateside, and release ‘No Lucifer’ on March 10.
- In Photos: Y-Not Festival 2012 @ Peak District National Park
- In Photos: Truck Festival 2012 @ Hill Farm, Steventon
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2011 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- In Photos: Live From Jodrell Bank @ Jodrell Bank, Cheshire
- Mixtape: Camden Crawl '11 + Win VIP Tickets
- Latitude announces first acts, including The National
- Simian Mobile Disco and British Sea Power for Camden Crawl
- Spotifriday #79 - This Week on DiS as a playlist