Islington Tennis Centre
Managers like Ferguson or Wenger would undoubtly start complaining about fixture congestion, but this, despite being our 5th game in 6 weeks, is only another welcome challenge to put our svelte bodies to the test. We're made of sterner stuff than those eternally whinging Premiership prima donnas.
The home leg in October finished in a 6 - 4 victory to DiS after us falling behind, so we have to repeat that sterling performance, even though they have the home advantage this time. To relive those glorious moments from last time, look here: http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4305147
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 13 May: 5-a-side (maybe)
Sunday 20 May: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 16th June: international friendly vs Mama FC (early kick-off!)
Sunday 24 June: regular 11-a-side