Islington Tennis Centre
Perfectly timed: a DiS international friendly during the international break in the professional game. Whilst England will be battling away in Montenegro, Wales lose against Switzerland and Ireland might get a sneaky draw courtesy of Andorra, the DiS Football team will be hosting the Chinese Community Centre at our alternative home ground, Market Road.
Our international record speaks for itself: played 3, won 1, so I won't temp fate and highlight that we are the odds-on favourites to win this game. Especially not after dual-passport holder colinzealuk announced that he will represent CCC in this clash.
The match will be played under supervision of our favourite FA referee, so start practicing your throw-ins, perfect your headers and please please please, wear shinpads.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 5 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 30 Oct (regular 11-a-side)
Sunday 13 Nov (another 11-a-side international or 5-a-side)
Sunday 27 Nov (regular 11-a-side)
Saturday 3 December (11-a-side rematch vs Mama FC)