I've been experiencing some really disruptive crackling and popping when trying to record guitar into Logic via my Saffire Firewire audio interface.
* I haven't changed any settings since it last worked well.
* I've eliminated speakers, cables, amp, outputs from the problem.
* Fucked about with latency, buffering etc and it still persists.
* It's definitely an input related problem. Can play audio through it via Firewire no probs. Or is it?
* The problem totally goes away when I open the Saffire control panel. I don't usually have this open as my preferences are set how I want them and I control i/o and stuff from Logic.
* I don't actually need to alter anything in the Saffire control settings, just having the window open stops the crackles.
Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm glad I've found a sort of fix, but this is just weird. How can having a control panel open on the computer stop the crackling.