Wow, what a weekend. Have woken up feeling massively inspired and re-invigorated (rather than destroyed, which I'm sure I should do).
- M83's new EDM-gaze sprawl of noise
- Sharon Van Etten's sonic leaps and heartbreaking voice (she came into our cabin to play 'Leonard' and I still have goosebumps)
- dEUS! dEUS! dEUS!
- dEUS playing 'Instant Street' in the DiS cabin (video to follow v.soon!)
- dEUS pouring me whisky and allowing me to chat for hours with one of my all-time favourite bands
- Yeasayer being all kindsa amazing. I'm sure a True Blood sex-trance broke out around me at one point. (they came in to our cabin and showed us some of their gear)
- nearly losing my voice shouting 'HOLD ME LIKE BEFORE, HOLD ME LIKE YOU USED TO! HOLD ME LIKE YOU USED TO!'
- Antlers (gee, I'm predictable)
- Perfume Genius playing a session for us that was so intense and gorgeous that I think Jordan Dowling might have imploded.
- Wild Beasts telling us a story about their "feminine guitar" which they bought along for 'show and tell'
- Josh T Pearson and his blowjob jokes interviewing Elbow for DiS
- the enthusiasm that pours from Dom Gourlay when he talks about music, it's so incredibly infectious
- everything about Latitude
- a few things clashing (Antlers, Polica and Chairlift being by far the most frustrating but I somehow managed to see 20mins of all three!)
- missing St. Vincent but I got to meet Chilly Gonzales
- failing at the high-art of taking wellies off whilst getting into a tent
We'll have these interviews and sessions up throughout this week and save a few bits for the coming weeks so you don't get deluged with it all at once http://drownedinsound.com/lists/latitude-festival
p.s. a extra special thank you to the crew from http://www.accesstomusic.co.uk/ who helped record and film our interviews and sessions this weekend. A lovely and hard-working bunch of people.