In two separate threads over the last few days Primal Scream have copped a shellacking from a few folk for their post-XTRMNTR releases.
Generally, I'm on side with the critics, but with a significant exception: I reckon Evil Heat is a class album. I prefer it even to XTRMNTR.
So, a Q to all those who rate Primal Scream for the likes of XTRMNTR or Vanishing Point (or even Screamadelica, though it's quite different to the other three aforementioned albums): why no love for Evil Heat?
- Primal Scream - More Light
- Primal Scream, AlunaGeorge @ The Hospital Club, London, Thu 26 April
- "Kids aren't as political now" - DiS meets Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream
- My Top 10 live performances of 2012 by Dom Gourlay
- "We became seminal for doing nothing": DiS meets Debbie Googe of My Bloody Valentine
- Festival No.6: the DiS review
- In Photos: Jersey Live Festival 2012 @ Royal Jersey Showground, Trinity
- Jersey Live 2012: The DiS Review